Life As It Presents Itself

"For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin--real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life." -- Alfred D. Souza

Name:
Location: Singapore

Back on track to a slightly more sporty lifestyle. Something which I'm more accustomed to when I was a teenager. Haha... Require less sleep then perhaps. Now as age catches up with me, the body is sounding out that I need more sleep. Haha... :D Love to listen to soft music and, sit back and relax these days. Catching up with some old friends over the weekends over a cuppa tea, coffee, or booze is something of a norm in recent yrs too. :)

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Fri Bowling Session

Henceforth, Fri will no longer be the same. It shall be known as bowling day, unless, of cos, if there is something more important to see to. Otherwise, we should be at Textile Centre's StarBowl. :)

Today, Mervyn had a miserable nite. He was bowling real bad. Kept having splits, and open games. Think his average was around 140 per game (over 5 games). Not his usual self. Perhaps he was worried abt his wife. She had a bad knee and it was giving her problem throughout the bowling session. In her second game, she retired after bowling 2 frames. :( Hopefully, she'll be fine soon.

I, on the other hand, had a reasonably gd nite. My average was 127 (over 5 games). First game was bad, scored 104 but picked up after that. Scoring 133, 128, 129, and 141 thereafter. I'm having a better feel of the game and the ball. And am throwing with more power in the latter 2 games, which is an encouraging sign. :) Have a tendency to lose my game when i exert more force, but tonite, it was alrite. Still have plenty of room for improvement, of cos. Therefore, in order to help myself improve, I'm setting a target of not having more than 4 open frames a game. Hopefully I can attain that in the near future. :)

That's all for now folks. It's getting late and I gotta be heading to bed.

Till the next blog, cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home