Life As It Presents Itself

"For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin--real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life." -- Alfred D. Souza

Name:
Location: Singapore

Back on track to a slightly more sporty lifestyle. Something which I'm more accustomed to when I was a teenager. Haha... Require less sleep then perhaps. Now as age catches up with me, the body is sounding out that I need more sleep. Haha... :D Love to listen to soft music and, sit back and relax these days. Catching up with some old friends over the weekends over a cuppa tea, coffee, or booze is something of a norm in recent yrs too. :)

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Aunt's Birthday

On a particular warm Sun nite, somewhere in the north-eastern part of tiny S'pore, a gentleman was sitting in his room, which was softly lit, brewing and sipping pu'er from his trusty tea set. His pc switched on and played soothing music from Barry Manilow's album. "Ah... This is life", said he in a relaxed mood. :)

A abstract from a novel? Haha... Nah, those novelists can write many times better than me. I'm just trying to depict the environment I'm in. Sitting in my room, lighted by my standing lamp, which is fitted with warm-white bulb, listening to Barry Manilow and sipping tea. The feeling I get is as though I'm seated in a lounge except the tea portion, that is. Haha... Should be red wine or something close. :)

Today I attended another birthday celebration. Well, not exactly a celebration, more of a makan session. It's my aunt's. We celebrated it early cos her birthday falls on a weekday, which is kinda difficult to get hold of everyone, so we did it on a wkend. :) This is a norm in my family. We prefer to have makan sessions on wkends, not so rush and chaotic. In the past, one table at any restaurant would suffice, but in recent years, the number is expanding, and we need 2 tables. Think it's gonna 3 tables in the near future. Haha...

Till the next blog, cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home