Life As It Presents Itself

"For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin--real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life." -- Alfred D. Souza

Name:
Location: Singapore

Back on track to a slightly more sporty lifestyle. Something which I'm more accustomed to when I was a teenager. Haha... Require less sleep then perhaps. Now as age catches up with me, the body is sounding out that I need more sleep. Haha... :D Love to listen to soft music and, sit back and relax these days. Catching up with some old friends over the weekends over a cuppa tea, coffee, or booze is something of a norm in recent yrs too. :)

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Nite's Out

Was at Club Momo with a group of friends on Fri nite. But before that, I visited my bro-in-law in TTSH. He was down with malaria for the past week and was admitted there. Things are beginning to look positive with the platelets count going up and the parasites getting exterminated. However, he still looks kinda yellowish. If things continue to look positive, he should be discharged this Sun. Hope he gets well soon enough. :)

Back to the Club Momo topic. The live band was kinda solid! Can sing "Bring Me to Life" quite well. Not many are able to do that as it's a difficult song tat requires a powerful voice. This band pull it off quite well. :) I'm impressed, really. Sad thing is tat my friend's song wasn't sung when we decided to leave. Pity.

It was an eventful nite though. For the first time in my clubbing experience, I was in the midst of a raid. Lights were turned on and the inspectors were checking for I dunno wat, underaged entry or drug pushers. Nothing was disclosed and when we asked the waitress, she told us the the place was only raided once and that nite was the second as far as she has known. How lucky rite?

It was about 2am when Merv and his wife, Lynn, took their leave. Poor Merv, he's worked from the previous day to 4am that day. Was rushing for tender closing on Fri. It was kinda stupid and unneccesary, had the sales person brought this up earlier, instead of disclosing it last minute. Think she was afraid that the deal will go to other salesperson in the company. Sigh... I pity those who were involved in the discussion tat nite, my boss, one of them.

Anyway, tat besides the pt, the main pt was tat when we were outside the club, Lynn fainted just when the rest were making their way out. We really received a shock when tat happened esp Merv. His expression totally changed and I was also in a daze. Haven't encountered tis kinda situation before and was kinda lost. The only thing I knew was to ask the rest not to crowd ard her. After a while, she regained conscious and vomitted. I dun remember her drinking a lot though and she was sober when we were outside the club, but it was a gd thing she vomitted, cos she felt betta after tat. Phew... Merv still had to help her to the van but at least she can walk with assistance. :)

After they left I returned to the club and meet up with the remaining friends. We sat for a while before calling it a nite too. Gone were the days when we were able to stay up all nite. Now as age catches up, the stamina goes down. Haha... Just not used to those kinda days anymore.

Till the next blog, cheers!

1 Comments:

Blogger *Penelope* said...

Oh yeah... u did look kinda of stoned tat night... :P

4:34 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home