Lou Po Beng Story
Once upon a time, a very famous master baker in Tang Pastry (Chinese style pastry) having his wonderful techniques in preparing pastry items and with good assistance from his wife got his name far-famed within the region. His business bloomed but his bad habit in gambling often let his properties all offset by loss.
One day, he lost so much money in casino as he bet with a borrowing from usrury for even more losses. Debtors forced him to return home trying to cover the debts through mortgage of any remaining stuff. Only on returning home that he realised that no more valuables was left in his empty house to fulfil his wish. This time he had to seek help from his wife who told him: "Ever since you gambled my dear, I have tried so many times to advise you but without effect, our relatives are now not accessible for contact. We could be hopeless to get any help. I think I am the very last thing you could pawn. Go ahead but promise me that you will definitely stop gambling after selling me, because I won't be available for help to you any more."
The man, after selling his wife, felt extremely remourseful. this time he did stop from gambling again. With a view to commemorate such better half of him, he created very delicious Tang pastry in the name of his wife. Lou Po Beng.
How often have we heard of gambling habits breaking up families and taking lives? I sometimes wonder if the inclusion of the IR will give rise to such problems in Singapore. However, I can't deny the fact that the IR may bring in more opportunities and revenue for the country. Anyway, even without the IR now, people still have other avenues to gamble. Hopefully, I'm just being paranoid. Haha...
Till the next blog, cheers!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home