Life As It Presents Itself

"For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin--real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life." -- Alfred D. Souza

Name:
Location: Singapore

Back on track to a slightly more sporty lifestyle. Something which I'm more accustomed to when I was a teenager. Haha... Require less sleep then perhaps. Now as age catches up with me, the body is sounding out that I need more sleep. Haha... :D Love to listen to soft music and, sit back and relax these days. Catching up with some old friends over the weekends over a cuppa tea, coffee, or booze is something of a norm in recent yrs too. :)

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Gospel of Judas

I've just caught "Gospel of Judas" on National Geographic channel. It's something interesting. What if Juda Iscariot is not the betrayer, but someone who has a deeper understanding of the teachings of Jesus? Make no mistake abt tis blog. I'm NOT trying to sow discord or whatsoever here. NEITHER am I trying to create religious disharmony. I'm just relating how I feel after watching the show. I believe those who read this will understand what I mean and read it with an open mind.

So, the show actually protrayed Judas, whom in the new testaments is the betrayer, as someone who had followed Jesus' instructions. Someone who knew or understood the true meaning of Jesus' teachings and acceded to his will. Well, not exactly the show, but rather the Gospel of Judas. This gospel was written in ancient Eygptian Coptic, sometime back in 220AD, by Gnostics, or widely regarded as heretics.

Jesus actually told Judas that he will exceed all the them (disciples), for he will sacrifice the man that clothed him. This meant that Judas had to help Jesus rid of his physical flesh and to liberate the true spiritual self or divine being within Jesus.

Hmm... Just think abt it. Judas, who for centuries have been regarded as the villian, is now someone righteous and actually a hero. Unbelievable rite? Haha... Getting interesting here.

Anyway, not wanting to say more on this topic in case I may become a public enemy. Hopefully, there'll be a repeat on TV, and if there is, I encourage you to catch it. Watch with an open mind and not rubbish it, whether you are a firm believer or not. :) It's a 2 hrs show starting from how the manuscript was found and the authenticity tested to what was written in the "Gospel of Judas".

Till the next blog, cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home