Mahjong Disaster
That morning, I went to pay my respects to my great-grandmother and grandfather. It's a tradition that during this time of the year, chinese pay respect and clean up the tomb of their ancestors (Qing Ming Jie). However, in my case, the cleaning was limited cos there's no tomb involved. They were cremated after death and their ashes placed in urns which in turn was placed in the temples. Told my mom on Thurs morning that it's better for us to go early on Fri morning. At first she told me to leave at 8am, but I told her 7am instead. It was a gd decision. Things were carried out relatively smooth and the crowd was at an acceptable number. We were done at around 9am and even had the time to slowly make our way around the temple (Guang Ming Shan) to pay respects and offerings to the Buddhas. When we finally left the place ard 10am, when the crowd were streaming in, and traffic was getting heavy and roads congested. Luckily, we're outta there. :)
Merv and I had our bowling session changed to Thurs instead cos I've gotta play mahjong with my parents, as per my mum's request. And that was a disaster as you've already read above. Anyway, back to bowling, I scored a personal best of 181 pinfalls. Yeah! Never have I thought I'll see that score so soon. Hee... Had an average session throughout, except that bright spot. :D The average was 138 after 6 games (132, 133, 124, 181, 108, 150), which was not too bad. Have to try to maintain a certain form of consistency soon. :) Oh yes, we met one of our contractors there and shared the same lane with him too. He was what I call, a consistent bowler, mostly sparing his way. He shared some tips with me too and hopefully I can learn to add that into my game, together with my guru's (Merv's).
Till the next blog, cheers!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home